- Performed a 320-hour field practicum as a Program Planner for an MCH non-profit in Kansas City.
- 5 years of experience working with families as a Certified Doula and childbirth educator.
- Winner of 2010 President’s Medallion for Outstanding Leadership and Service, Loyola Chicago
- Conducting 2 literature reviews delivering 400 clinical articles for a NYT best-selling author.
- Conducting research on MCH issues for March of Dimes and National Women’s Law Center.
- Running a popular blog garnering over 1 million page views annually
- Managing social media pages with more than 45,000 combined total followers
- Developed and delivered a professional workshop worth 6 CEUs to MCH professionals
- Guest lecturing each year at Northern Illinois University and various conferences and events.
|| Professional Speaking
||Social Media Management
|University of Illinois Chicago, School of Public HealthMaster of Public Health (MPH)
Community Health Sciences Division, Maternal Child Health Program
Loyola University Chicago
Bachelor of Arts in Business Management and Organizational Leadership
Magna Cum Laude: GPA 3.899
|Health Management Associates
- Providing support to clients in all facets of healthcare and health policy from hospital systems and Medicaid managed care organizations to private equity firms
- Providing procurement support, project management, research, document design, and consulting
|2016 – Current
Adjunct Faculty, Public Health
- Online instructor in the public health courses
- Developed and delivered course through LMS (Blackboard
|2016 – Current
Director of Training & Development / Project Manager
- Direct report to the Chief Operations Officer, responsible for all operations projects and procedure development
- Promoted from Project Manager where managed teams in as many as 7 different locations across state lines to the successful completion of major corporate projects
- Daily process development, process improvement, procedure documentation
- Managed a team of technical writers to compete laboratory, formulations, and cultivation operations manuals and SOPs.
- Interfaced with public health departments for the completion of state licensing applications
- Assisted with sales operations process improvement and procedure development
|2015 – 2016
|Officite/Internet Brands, Inc.
- Delivered SEO-rich articles on medical topics designed to educate consumers on healthcare options
|2015 – Current
|TFB Blog and Resource Guide
Chief Editor and Author
- In this part-time entrepreneurial endeavor I have created a large international community of readers focused on maternal and child health topics
- I have accumulated readership of over 1 million page views per year with 45,000 followers on social media outlets.
|2007 – 2015
|Restorative Exercise, Inc.
- For this project, I conducted a 400+ piece literature review for a NYT Best Selling Author and Biomechanist, Katy Bowman
- I organized all research and citations in Endnote, then printed, bound, and shipped these for her review
|2014 – 2015
- For my master’s field practicum, I spent 320 contact hours building a program plan for this community doula organization
- I helped build and develop a community outreach plan
- Delivered a thorough analysis of implementation and program outcomes
|National Women’s Law Center
- In this volunteer role for coursework credit, I worked with the NWLC to identify an instrument to collect responses from lactation consultants on compliance with the ACA then developed the survey tool
|Illinois Maternal And Child Health Coalition
- In this role I served as site manager to deliver a survey on early elective deliveries for women in the Western Suburbs
- I helped develop the survey tool and performed all the data entry on the responses collected
|2012 – 2013
- In this role I helped to create banner advertising solutions for our national original equipment manufacturers
- I worked as a project manager to coordinate between various product stakeholders and lead customer trainings in various cities
- I also ran data analysis on our products to gauge ROI
|2006 – 2009
|Loyola University President’s Medallion
For outstanding achievement in community service, academics, and scholarship
Weingarten Award for Excellence in Writing – Wright College
References available upon request.
Contact me with questions or comments.